Digital X-Rays are a type of service provided at the dentistries to obtain a detailed view of the mouth. It is powered by digital radiography technology, which helps diagnose and treat oral diseases in patients. It provides images of areas in the mouth that cannot be viewed through a regular dental checkup. At Red Pine Dental, the dentists suggest digital X-rays to better understand the patient's dental condition.
Facts about Digital X-Ray
- Digital X-Rays provide quality images that can be viewed for details.
- It can be produced in various sizes as per the requirement.
- X-Rays can be digitally saved in devices and can be used as reference material.
- It can be printed if necessary for the treatment.
- During the digital X-Ray process, the patients can view the mouth on a screen.
- Radiation during the digital X-ray process is less in comparison to the traditional X-ray method.
Use of Digital X-Rays
- The dentists advise digital X-Rays for various dental treatments, a few of which have been listed below.
- It is essential for patients who are planning for orthodontic treatments like braces or Invisalign.
- X-Rays are essential to viewing cysts, tumors, lumps, and lesions, which are signs of oral cancer.
- It helps detect tooth decay and infections in the mouth, which help initiate immediate treatment.
- Dentists use digital X-Rays to analyze bone loss experienced by the patient.
Procedure for Digital X-Ray
The patient is seated on a chair and made to relax. The dentist inserts a small pen-like censor inside the mouth, which can be flexibly moved to capture multiple images of various parts of the mouth. If the patient experiences irritation in any specific area of the mouth, the dentists check for lesions and lumps in the area by capturing more images. It can be immediately viewed by the dentist and patient on a screen.
Digital X-Rays are one of the best innovations that have made dental diagnosis easy for dentists. It helps provide precise results that can be used for the patient's treatment planning. It also helps to attain a before and after treatment image of the patient.
Red Pine Dental, located in Salt Lake City, UT is equipped with the best dentists and modern technologies that enable the best dental treatment opportunity for the patients. Call us at (801) 966-3166 and schedule an appointment with the dentistry to know more digital X-Rays and other services provided at the practice.