Do you want your smile to be brighter and whiter? Then, you should consider teeth whitening, one of the most popular procedures that can help you achieve your beautiful smile. It also instantly boosts your confidence and delivers you a fresh new look.
In-office teeth whitening is performed by following these steps:
● First, the dentist determines and records the shade of your teeth using a shade guide.
● Then, flour-based pumice is applied to polish the teeth and later rinsed and suctioned.
● A cheek retractor is placed to keep your lips and cheeks away.
● The teeth are then dried, and the gingival barrier is applied to both the upper and lower gum line that will isolate and protect the gum and keep them clean. Sometimes, an extra cotton roll is placed under the top, bottom, and sulcus area.
● A special curing light will then be used for 10 to 20 seconds to set and harden the barrier.
● A whitening gel is applied to the 10 to 12 front teeth and then spread evenly with a small brush.
● Then, a light is shined on the treated area to activate and optimize the gel.
● The gel is then left on the teeth for 8 minutes. We may leave it for more than 15 minutes if needed.
● We will then remove the gel using a gauze or cotton roll.
● These steps are repeated three to four times to acquire the desired results for teeth whitening.
● After the last application, the gel is removed, followed by cotton rolls, gauges, or gingival barriers.
● Lastly, the shades are again recorded with the help of the shade guide.
At-home teeth whitening is performed by following these steps:
● First, an impression of the upper and lower teeth is taken using an alginate material.
● The plaster is poured into the impression to form a plaster cast of the teeth.
● Then, custom-made whitening mouth trays are fabricated from the cast.
● Lastly, the dentist will then provide you with instructions on using these whitening trays and take-home whitening kits.
● The procedure is repeated until you achieve the desired result.
Red Pine Dental offers comprehensive dental services, including in-house teeth whitening procedures at Salt Lake City, UT. For more info and appointments, call us at (801) 966-3166, book online, or visit us directly at 3550 S 5600 W #3, Salt Lake City, UT, Salt Lake City, UT 84120.
The very thought of having your teeth extracted may be frightening, but tooth extractions are a routine dental ...
The presence of dental diseases often reflects on the overall dental health of the patient. It shows signs ...
Dental cleaning is an efficient way to maintain your teeth in a healthy state. Regular cleanings will also ...
A decayed, broken, or damaged tooth affects your smile, causes discomfort or pain, and keeps you from eating ...